... hu28m, tù trưởng giàu mạnh, đầu đội khăn xếp, vai mang nải hoa ...

...

Chủ Nhật, 2 tháng 12, 2007

về sớm, ngủ sớm thôi... (Using Sleep to Change Your Life)

I recently caught myself slipping into a familiar rut. With a busier schedule and more responsibility, it became increasingly difficult to focus on my path and I found myself turning to old habits of worry and fear.

You have to catch yourself and turn it around and the quicker you do so, the easier it will be. That is why I like keeping some good inspirational movies around. You can make an excuse not to read a book or listen to a tape, but something about a movie will keep you entertained while allowing you to soak and think. This time it was the movie “What the Bleep Do We Know.”

They show the main character of the film first having odd nightmares and later awaking from what seems to be a life changing sleep. It reminded me of how I used sleep to change my life and so I did a refresher last night.

If you think about it, nearly half of our lives are devoted to sleep, I wonder specifically if this is only for just biological reasons. In my case, I saw a peculiar pattern. I would go to bed frustrated and exhausted, then have horrible nightmares and wake predisposed to have a bad day. That of course was the extreme, but many including myself have dreams that often play out inner most thoughts…and most often our fears. Some examples are: Being humiliated–the classic dream of going to work or school with no pants on. Being too weak–another dream where we seem to move in slow motion.

Many scientists believe that your dreams are actually used to catalog your memories of the day, however if you believe as I do that your thoughts are driving your life, then this time is crucial since it may be in fact setting up your oncoming day. Sleep may be the key to breaking the viscous cycle of negative thoughts. What you chose to remember and more importantly, how you choose to remember it.

So set up a routine when you go to bed and first wake. I often try to wind down and never go directly to sleep after eating, exercising or in my case working. Before laying down for the night, sit on the edge of the bed and close your eyes. Think about everything you have that you can be thankful for. Think about how exciting it will be to eventually receive what it is you were dreaming about. Loose yourself in the moment and don’t let anything from the day distract you. Think about how healthy you are and how strong your body is, no matter your condition. I use to suffer from neck and back problems, so I use this time to think of my spine in perfect alignment. I could finally stop visiting a chiropractor since doing so. Only focus on things that fill you with strength and joy. When in that “zone” lay back and drift to sleep.

One, you will drift off to sleep faster, but more importantly, no matter the mattress you are sleeping on, you will actually wake more refreshed and rested. When you wake, repeat the process by sitting on the edge of the bed and think about how wonderful your day will be. Even if you had a bad dream, wake determined that it will not effect your day. Think about something you had planned for the day and think about it going smoothly and with perfect results. Know deep in your heart, that today is going to be better than yesterday…and that will carry on forever. French psychotherapist, Emile Coue, advised to repeat the phrase:

Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.

Once you start doing this, mysteriously things will start to change. It is almost if you are creating your own luck. Personally, I noticed people were much nicer to me…people would go out of their way to help me. Small things like finding great parking spaces or eventually big things like bargains that saved my wife and I lots money and free vacations.

All I can say is, if you don’t believe it works….you are absolutely right. However, if you do believe it works, you too are absolutely right as well. Just make up your mind. What do you have to loose for trying?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét